Show All
Show Answers
Show Open Questions
Show Most Popular
Jun 2, 2016
I have a client that would like to frame, insulate & drywall over a exterior door in her kitchen. The home is in DC are there any code issues or permits req?
Jun 24, 2016

They would have to remove the door, tie in with new framing, insulate properly then drywall the area. No permits are required as long as the structure of the home is not affected. door frame is been engineered to support existing load so just cover in a correct maner and you will be fine.

Jul 25, 2016

yes I would be concerned about the egress issue (or the ways in which you can exit the home).  I would always check with the building department. 


HDR Remodeling

Berkeley Ca

Mike Goldberg answered:

Jul 21, 2016

You need to consult the local building and zoning department.  Changing means of egress may not be allowed or may require a permit.

Are you a building professional?

Why not answer these questions like a pro?

Sign up free