Ask questions and get answers from experienced industry professionals
To help you I need to ask a few questions:
1. Do you have a good contract?
2. Does the contract state in writing start time?
3. Do you think you have paid money to the contractor more than the work completed?
4. Does your state require a licence?
5. Is the contractor a friend of your?
Home Advisor recomments the following: http://www.homeadvisor.com/tloc/Saint-Louis-MO/Inspection-Roofing/
Yelp recommends these people https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Roof+Inspection&find_loc=Saint+Louis%2C+MO
Condensation from the differential temperature is of course on answer. The other and more concerning is the furnace or force air unit (FAU). I would recommend contacting a licenced heating contractor and ask them to check the replacement air going to the FAU. The old windows were letting in a lot of air. What air was acting as replacement air for the furnace. With the new windows you are no longer supplying replacemet air to the furnace.
See Pella’s Understanding Condensation fact sheet at:
HDR Remodeling Inc
I would recommend starting with making sure all the existing windows and securely closed and locked. I find windows partly open because they have been painted that way. Take some time to make sure each window closes properly add weather stripping as needed.
Add wather stripping to all doors
check that all the heating ducts are connected securely
There are a very wide veriety of gas fireplace inserts.
1. Check with the city to see what you can install. Some cities are now requiring sealed units
2. Do not try runing a gas line by yourself. Hire a licensed plumber to do it.
3. http://www.csia.org/?gclid=CL_Qk-SZ0dACFZBefgodOrUNRA Contact a CSIA certified chimney sweep to help you install.
HDR Remodeling Berkeley Ca
I would recommend a licenced mason Please don't have a handyperson do it. It will look terrible and may not withstand an siemic even properly.
i would call some of the licenced home builder in your area and ask them who they would recommend/
Are you a building professional?
Why not answer these questions like a pro?Sign up free