What's your recommendation rate with your customers?
Top waning residential construction trends from 2017December 15th, 2017 by
Each quarter, we send our GuildQuality Market Predictions Survey to over 5,000 people in our community of quality in order to gain a better understanding of the state of the residential construction industry. With 2017 coming to a close, we now have comprehensive data for the past year regarding market performance, overall business performance, long/near-term strategies, and emerging/waning trends.
In this blog post, we will share the top waning residential construction trends from the past year, according to our last four Market Predictions Reports.
Top Waning Residential Construction Trends from 2017
- Formal dining rooms
- Large, oversized rooms or entire homes (quality over space)
- Stand-alone bathtubs (especially in master bathroom)
- Flash-trend designs/material
- Large front and/or backyards
- Isolated home theaters
- Energy efficient or environmentally friendly products
- Darker finishes and colors, especially red or warm tones\
- Stand-alone bathtubs or Jacuzzis
- Cheap, temporary fixes or updates
- Granite countertops
- Green or eco-friendly products
- Green homes/features are in decline because of the high price tag
- Homeowners are trending towards open concept design instead of isolated spaces
- The quality of a home is becoming more important than the size