What's your recommendation rate with your customers?
Top Emerging Residential Construction Trends from 2017November 21st, 2017 by
Each quarter, we send our GuildQuality Market Predictions Survey to over 5,000 people in our community of quality in order to gain a better understanding of the state of the residential construction industry. With 2017 coming to a close, we now have comprehensive data for the past year regarding market performance, overall business performance, long/near-term strategies, and emerging/waning trends.
In this blog post, we will share the top emerging residential construction trends from the past year, according to our last four Market Predictions Reports.
Top Emerging Residential Construction Trends from 2017
- Renovations to accommodate aging adults or multi-generation families
- Open-concept kitchen and living areas
- High-quality products and finishes
- Higher-quality, more expensive products
- Renovations that are customized/unique to the homeowner
- Outdoor living spaces
- Light-colored (primarily white & gray) finishes, paint, etc.
- Higher-quality products and customer service
- Open-concept floor plan, large kitchens
- Larger renovations, especially within frequently used spaces
- Clean and simple designs; rustic or industrial touches
- Renovations to accommodate aging (walk-in bathtubs or showers)
- High-quality customer service and products are becoming extremely important for today’s consumer
- Open-concept floor plans continue to rise in popularity
- Homeowners are preparing to age in place