What's your recommendation rate with your customers?
Builders and remodelers struggle to hire qualified laborDecember 22nd, 2017 by
Short-term Strategy from 2017
Each quarter, we send our GuildQuality Market Predictions Survey to over 5,000 people in our community of quality in order to gain a better understanding of the state of the residential construction industry. With 2017 coming to a close, we now have comprehensive data for the past year regarding market performance, overall business performance, long/near-term strategies, and emerging/waning trends. In this blog post, we will share the top short-term strategies from the past year, according to our last four Market Predictions Reports.
By far, the most common issue facing builders and remodelers this year was the ongoing labor shortage. As a result, many companies focused their short-term strategy on finding, hiring, and training skilled workers. Here are some other strategies that dominated the residential construction industry during 2017.
- Improving customer service and overall communication
- Focusing on the customer (i.e. understanding their needs, listening to their feedback)
- Better educational marketing
- Closely monitoring customer data to evaluate the state of the business
- Strengthening online/digital presence
- Implementing more processes and improving organization
- Investing more time and money in advertising
- Hiring outside professionals to assist with recruitment and employee training
- Strengthening online presence
- Strengthening all marketing initiatives (print and digital)
- Investing in better technology/software
- Hiring additional staff